Here’s our weekly review rounding up the best stories and ideas in public space from cities around the world. This week we bring you a reason to get walking this weekend with the Jane’s Walk global festival, small scale interventions in Cairo and photos of NYC from the rooftops.
- These streets were made for walking
- This weekend take part in Jane’s Walk, a global festival of free, citizen-led walking tours. Jane’s Walks are walking conversations about neighbourhoods, and how people use cities. Anyone can lead a walk because everyone is an expert on the places they live, work and play. Check out the walk’s that are happening in your city these weekend and get walking! (via Jane’s Walk)
- Going small-scale in Cairo
- Some recent small-scale urban initiatives have proven powerful in drawing crowds to Cairo’s public spaces. This article features some creative, inexpensive and engaging examples of urban acupuncture. (via City Lab)
- New York from the rooftops
- Untapped Cities rounded up images of taken from the rooftops of New York City. They make for some great eye candy on a Friday – enjoy. (via Untapped Cities)
Photo by Pete Cross from Flickr CC