Happy New Year from OpenCity Projects! To celebrate we are reviewing the best stories and ideas in public space from cities around the world in 2014. This year we saw in incredible number of protests in public spaces, the rise of walkable cities around the world and cities that transformed in 2014.
- The year of the protest
- The year of 2014 saw a large number of citizens making use of their public spaces to stand up for their rights and freedoms. This collection of images show countless citizens from Ferguson to Hong Kong who united in a hope to make positive chance. (via CityLab)
- The rise of the walkable cities
- Walkable and liveable cities have made their mark this year. From urban hacks to to reshape a city to creating sustainable cities, this list has amassed the best stories of 2014. (via Fast.Co Exist)
- How cities changed in 2014
- In 2014, Next City asked readers to send in photos of changes they witnessed in their city and the major trend was growth. The following 8 images were selected to show urban transformation across the US from new housing to public art. (via Next City)
Photo by Paso Au Yeung from Wikipedia CC