We’re open to taking on new projects and meeting new people. Either way, we’re always excited to connect with like-minded city-dwellers.
215 Spadina Avenue, Suite 400
Toronto, ON M5T 2C7
Do you care about public space design and how people experience the cities they live in? We are looking for amazing people to help us grow our blog. We’ll profile you on our web site and, if you do a great job, we’ll give a reference to universities or your future employer. Credit will be given for all blog contributions. The positions listed are unpaid as OpenCity is a volunteer-driven organization.
The position is for 6-months and the work takes about 3-5 hours each week which can be done remotely. Once a month, you’ll join us in person at our team meetings.
- •Contribute 2-3 blog posts per week based on the editors’ direction
- •Submit story ideas, drafts and revisions according to deadlines
- •Promote stories on social media via social networks (Twitter/FB)
- •Strong writing/verbal communication and inter-personal skills
- •Passion for cities and how they’re designed
- •Prior experience with blogging or photography is a bonus
How to Apply
- •Submit a sample blog story and 2-3 story ideas to contact(at)opencityprojects.com
- •Photography and/or social media samples also welcome
Click here to read the full posting: OpenCity_Writer